“A highly probable, high-impact yet neglected threat”…. (that) occurs after a series of warnings and visible evidence.”
Michele Wucker, Definition of a “Gray Rhino” from her book
With (at least) two urgent potential disasters on the horizon – the U.S. President in Asia wrestling North Korea and the UN meeting in Bonn wrestling climate agreements – it’s a great time to listen to Michele Wucker, global business strategy leader and author of Gray Rhino: How to Recognize and Act on the Obvious Dangers We Ignore.
Why do we miss potentially dangerous trends, “a series of warnings and visible evidence”? These could be a failing infrastructure, terrorist threats, or a business competitor or trend, or a family crisis we were ignoring. What do we have to do to see these early enough to avert them?
in this enlightening conversation between Michele and Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson you’ll learn:
- How to see past your blind spots
- How to pivot in time to avert disaster – and persuade others.
- Decision-making structures that incentivize seeing more threats – and opportunities.
- How to be the “Challenger-in-Chief” in your own world and invite opposite points of view.
- How our short-term focused society puts us at risk for missing huge threats
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson